Landscape assistant needed, part time
If you crave routine and doing the same thing day after day, this probably isn’t the job for you. We’re a small landscape design firm looking for an assistant to help us create amazing landscapes. What we need is a Jack- or Jill – of all trades to assist the owner it getting it all done. The following tasks will be a key part of your role with Revolutionary Gardens:
- Measure properties for new landscape design clients, including plant inventory, shooting grades if needed, and extensive photographing of existing conditions
- Assist in layout on jobsites
- Pick up materials at suppliers and deliver to job sites
- Complete small punchlist projects for clients as needed (planting of individual plants, swapping out containers, etc)
- Read landscape plans and compile material takeoffs in Microsoft Excel
- Update listings in Plants Map for client sites
- Create load lists for upcoming installations, including crew routing for vendor pickup
- Communicate effectively with clients and vendors via phone and email as needed
- Assist with processing new leads and setting appointments
- Assist the owner with research and compilation of plant lists and more as needed
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn more about landscape design and installation. Although you’ll start out focused on some of the more basic tasks, I would love to encourage this employee to grow into a landscape designer role with Revolutionary Gardens.
- Must have a solid proficiency with identifying landscape plants common to Virginia
- Must be self-motivated. You’ll have a list of tasks to accomplish and a reporting system to track them.
- Comfortable with technology/tech savvy
- Must be clean and professional
- Must be friendly and engaging
- Please be prepared to show and/or discuss relevant experience
- Experience with AutoCAD is not necessary, but will lead to more opportunities
- Revolutionary Gardens is based in Culpeper, VA. Most jobsites are within an hour of 22701, but we do take on the occasional job farther afield.
- There is an opportunity to work off site for some tasks.
- All applicant info will be kept confidential per EEO guidelines
Interested? Send me an email at [email protected]